My grandson loves this butternut squash soup for lunch with a homemade Bread roll. It has a lovely velvety smooth consistency.
Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1.5 litres
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 1 tblsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- Splash of Worcester Sauce
95 Calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Roughly chop the butternut squash into 2 inch pieces. No need to peel, you will do that later.
- Spread the pieces out on a baking tray sprayed with olive oil and drizzle a little more on top.
- Bake for around 40 minutes until tender, remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- Remove the skins and place the flesh with the ginger and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the blended ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Serve with a dash of worcester sauce, accompany with crusty bread.
Hi, my name is Elaine Kay, Cake Decorator and Food Lover. I have been making and decorating cakes since my daughter was a little girl, a long time ...Read more about this chef..