This recipe for Butterscotch Ice Cream, is egg free and uses natural Greek yogurt. You could you also use the Butterscotch sauce as a topping on your favourite ice cream instead.
Butterscotch Ice Cream with Almond Praline
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- Soft Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 500ml Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- FOR THE PRALINE
- 100g Sugar
- 100g Whole Almonds
- Melt Brown Sugar and Vanilla is a small, heavy bottomed saucepan with a little of the cream. Cook gently for a couple of minutes until you like the colour.
- Remove from the heat and carefully add the remaining cream, stir until smooth, leave to cool and then refrigerate overnight, or at lease for a few hours.
- Whip the cream and yogurt together to incorporate some air, then add the caramel mixture and churn in your ice cream maker, following the manufacturers instructions.
- Place into a freezer container until required, you can eat this now or leave to firm up a little more.
- For the Praline
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the sugar in a heavy bottomed pan on a low heat until disolved, DO NOT stir at this point, your will see the sugar turning around the edges.
- When the sugar is completly disolved, then add the almonds, turn up the heat for a few minutes until the sugar turns a golden amber colour.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and allow to cool for around 10 minutes, the flip over to cool the other side.
- Blend to desired consistency, I like it a little chunky, but you can blend for longer to make a powder, or carry on and it will turn into a paste.
- Sprinkle with the Almond Praline.
Hi, my name is Elaine Kay, Cake Decorator and Food Lover. I have been making and decorating cakes since my daughter was a little girl, a long time ...Read more about this chef..