This can be used to fill or cover cakes, or you can leave it to set and roll it in Cocoa Powder to make luxury chocolates, wrap in a Gift Box and you have a great little christmas stocking filler or birthday treat. If you are going to do this make sure you have very cold hands. Any chocolate works needs to be in a cool environment.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 400ml Whipping Cream
- 400g Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa Solids or more at room temperature
- Grated Rind and juice of an Orange
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Liquer
- Brake up the chocolate into small pieces.
- Bring the whipping cream up to the boil in a pan and remove from the heat and leave for one minute (no longer).
- Immediately whisk in the chocolate, keep on whisking until all the chocolate is dissolved. The mixture should be completly smooth.
- Add the orange rind if liked, and then a little of the juice. Leave to cool and then refrigerate until needed, or if using to cover a cake, wait until a pouring consistency is reached.
Hi, my name is Elaine Kay, Cake Decorator and Food Lover. I have been making and decorating cakes since my daughter was a little girl, a long time ...Read more about this chef..